Digestive Acid HCl
Digestive Acid HCl
- Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
- Digestive Acid HCl includes 1,040 mg Betaine HCl USP and 208 mg Pepsin per serving.
- 1-2 capsules before each meal or as recommended by your health care professional
- Vital for the proper digestion of protein and the absorption of vitamins and minerals (especially vitamin B12, calcium, magnesium, copper and zinc).
- Plays an important role in signaling the pancreas to release digestive enzymes.
- Pepsin is one of the first enzymes to initiate protein digestion and works in synergy with HCl to provide complete protein digestive support.
What the Research Shows
- Betaine (also known as trimethylglycine) is a natural substance found in foods such as beets and spinach. Research suggests that betaine supports cell health by acting as a methyl donor, This, in turn, supports healthy methionine, homocysteine and hepatic fat metabolism. Betaine also functions as an osmolyte, which supports the integrity of cells and proteins during fluctuations in hydration, salinity and temperature. Betaine HCl, the acidic form of betaine, has been used for years to support digestion and absorption due to its ability to lower gastric pH.[10,11] HCl also serves as the body’s primary mechanism against pathogens found in food.
- Pepsin One of the first enzymes to initiate protein digestion, pepsin is synthesized in the parietal cells of the gastric mucosa and secreted as the inactive precursor, pepsinogen. HCl activates pepsinogen to convert it to pepsin once it is outside the cell. Pepsin is released by the chief cells and is responsible for breaking down proteins into peptides. This activation sets up a chain reaction that produces more pepsin allowing for better protein digestion.
- 225 Caps